Welcome to the library!
- The library offers a diverse collection of both fiction and non-fiction materials for adults, early readers, juveniles and young adults.
- Want to learn about this beautiful area? The Montana Room has a variety of Montana and Yellowstone-related non-fiction books with an extensive fly-fishing collection.
- Inter-library loan cooperative system with other regional libraries.
- Kid’s area complete with books and toys.
- Free highspeed WiFi access! Available in the library as well as in surrounding parking area. Password available at the front desk.
- Public computers.
- Continuous book sale! Paperbacks are $ .50 and hardcovers are $1.00.
- WiFi Hot Spot available for check out to permanent card holders.
- The library has a meeting room that can be booked. Call or e-mail for more information.
- Proctoring by appointment, email or call the library for details and to schedule.
- Summer outdoor patio.
- Copy machine for black & white or color copies. (Faxing or scanning not available).
Library card issuance policy:
To obtain a library card at West Yellowstone Public Library, the patron must present a government issued photo ID along with proof of residence or employment (permanent or seasonal) within Gallatin County, Island Park, and some areas of Yellowstone National Park. Proof of residence or employment includes, but is not limited to, driver’s licenses, mail, rental/lease agreements, employment contracts, utility bills, pay checks/stubs, informational letters from employers, etc. Acceptance of any document provided is at the discretion of the library staff.
Bruce McPherson, Director
Steve Takata, Librarian
Michele DesRochers, Librarian
Koda, Public Relations
EST. 1981Library Board of Trustees: Trent Redfield, Chair. Mike Bryers, Lacey Trowbridge, Alma Clark, and Magen Crowley. The Library Board meets the first Thursday every other month, the meetings are open and the public is welcome. Prior meeting minutes are available at the library.